[OpenMap Users] Considerations for client / server data

From: Hannes van der Wal <hannesvdwal_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 16:12:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

I'm looking for ways to use external (servlet) data inside the openmap applet. The data consists of esri shape, vpf and mysql data and is rather large (>400k records), so including them inside the applet jar is not an option. I could write a custom layer, however before reinventing the wheel I'd like to ask if there are more options like linklayer, and how to use it. I'm not asking for complete implementations (it would be nice though :P), just for a good lead.

Regards Hannes.