Re: [OpenMap Users] ESRI shape file items

From: Greg Bulla <gbulla_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Don, but it doesn't look like we can use the EsriPlugIn as we
are developing a map server for use by web browsers who request the
image via HTTP call. Our 'server' is a simple Java HttpServlet class
that instantiates a MapRequestHandler class object and returns a JPEG
to the client. Hence, the layers are all handled behind the scene by
MapRequestHandler as part of the OpenMap properties and HTTP request
from the client.

I guess I now need to hear about the hard way to do it! :) :(

Greg