[OpenMap Users] Process for Change ??

From: JR Andreassen <janrune_at_io.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 10:24:16 -0600

Hi...
 I read that you're planning a new release here sometime(soon I hope :).
Is there a process for getting changes put into the next release.

I have a couple of chanegs that I'd like rolled in.
I've mentioned these before, though I've not gotten any response.
I understand we're all busy and don't have time to chatter, but there
are some
changes that would be beneficial to those of us who rather not change
the base source.
(I'm not critisizing, just trying to contribute)

1) In-Mem spatial Index, I posted the to some people already.
2) Object labler/formatter class. ( I have one for Shape labler )
3) Tracing Labels for polylines(only on shape files) that hides lables
that are labeling object too mall)
      Here I could use access the calculated text/font metrics etc.
4) Filter on the Shape dbf stream to eliminate the columns we're not
intrested in.
     (Would be very handy, some of the shape files I have are in the
1/2-1 Gig range(200MB shape, 800MB dbf).

Anyways, there are some others to, but those are the ones off the top of
my head.
I'll contribute the things I've done any way you want, just let me know
how....
   Thanks
      JR