Re: [OpenMap Users] Sometimes have to call layerHandler.doPrepare() twice

From: Greg Jewell <greg17_at_jewell.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 08:58:52 -0400

Hi Don,

Thanks for responding to my question. I'm pretty much doing things as you
described below. I have extended OMGraphicHandlerLayer, but all I am doing
in it is changing the traversal mode and setting my own OMGraphicList. I am
not overriding the prepare() method of the layer. The graphic list changes
the traversal mode, doesn't allow duplicates, and overrides the _add method
so that graphics are inserted at different places in the list.

At some later point, OMGraphics are added to the list. Once the graphics
are inserted, a call to doPrepare() is made. (I called the object a
layerHandler in my previous message -- sorry for the confusion.) It is at
this point where I sometimes need to make consecutive calls for the
graphics to be rendered.

I also have two other unrelated questions that I will post in another
message. I don't want to pollute this thread because the questions may be
lost.

Thanks again,
Greg