Re: [OpenMap Users] geotiff support (yet?)

From: Geoffrey Knauth <geoff_at_knauth.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:13:37 -0400

I'm interested in GeoTiff too, but I haven't had much free time to
tinker with the format. Is GeoTiff support easy to implement? I use a
half-dozen other [Windows or Mac-based] mapping apps in addition to
OpenMap, and the developers of those apps have been adding GeoTiff
support recently, saying as they did so, "That was easy!" I still
prefer OpenMap, because it's so customizable.

I propose the following. Let's find out from BBN how much they would
charge to add GeoTiff support, assuming it's not hard. Then those of
us who are interested (you can include me) pitch in, and pay BBN to do
the work.

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk