Re: [OpenMap Users] Re: DayNightLayer blinking during refresh after updating to OpenMap4.6.2

From: Joey Heinrich <joey.heinrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:30:18 -0700

Just wanted to let you know I got the issue of the DayNightLayer
randomly appearing when a map was loaded taken care of. Apparently
the app had been adding their layers directly to the mapHandler and
then adding the mapBean to the mapHandler. After looking at the
SimpleMap example for the 100th time, I realized that the layers in
that example are added to the mapBean, which is then added to the
mapHandler. I made these changes in our app and it eliminated the
problem of the dayNightLayer randomly appearing even though it
shouldn't have been. Why it worked? I'm not sure...maybe you can
explain that to me...but it does! Not sure why this wasn't an issue
when we were using 4.5.3, but became an issue when we upgraded to
4.6.2

Doing this also seemed to reduce my blinking issue somewhat. That, in
conjunction with commenting out a doPrepare() call on the
dayNightLayer when the map is updated, has made the blinking virtually
non-existant. It still does blink on occassion but I'm guessing it's
a video card issue since the rate of the blinking seems to be directly
related to how often the layer was being generated. When it chooses
to blink is also totally random so I don't see how it can be code
related.

-Joey