[OpenMap Users] Slow rendering when zoomed in

From: Greg Jewell <greg17_at_jewell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:55:26 -0400

Hi All,

I'm experiencing very significant slowdowns in rendering when zoomed into
the map at a scale of 1:100,000 or closer. The closer I get, the slower the
rendering becomes. I've searched the archives for similar problems, and
discovered a few people mention it. However, the only things that I've seen
all say that it's probably a Windows clipping issue. Is there any more
detail to this, or can somebody point me in a direction to resolve the
problem?

Possibly pertinent information:

Windows XP SP2 with 3 GB RAM
OpenMap 4.6.4
It appears that this is related to OMLine, OMPoly, etc., and not to
OMRaster-based graphics.

Thanks,
Greg Jewell